Friday, March 25, 2016

Good Friday Focus


Good Friday Focus 

As Jesus was predicting his own death and preparing for his departure he was comforting his disciples and had one last very important teaching...

"My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you."

 Jesus was betrayed by one of his own and wrongly convicted, brutally beaten, cursed, spit on, 
nailed to and left to die on the cross. He was living proof that you can love one another. Humbly he said, "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do."  Luke 23:34

As you reflect on the transforming power of the cross and resurrection and what it means in your own life, consider this: taking seriously for good the teaching Jesus saved for last. 
TO LOVE ONE ANOTHER AS I HAVE LOVED YOU. 

He knew that being bitter, unforgiving, judgmental, and holding onto offenses would only bring more pain. To be free and have joy, be Christ-like by starting today to love as he loved, whole-hearted and unconditional. 

"As the Father has loved me, so I have loved you. Now remain in my love. If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you....
This is my command: Love each other." John 15:9-17 

women encouraging women

No comments: