Saturday, November 3, 2012

Incredible Pizza, Incredible Lesson

Incredible Pizza, Incredible Lesson
By Kim Hawkins

  
“By this everyone will know you are my disciples, if you love one another.” John 13:34
 
Where we live there is this huge warehouse pizza place with games, a massive buffet, prizes....you know the type. Well, it was spring break, my best friend was in town with her kids, it was pouring rain.  We decided to take all the kids to this place not thinking that everyone else would think it to be a great day to go as well!
 
So, we are barely in the door when I realized that this place was packed with people, these people are bumping into me and breathing on me, and germs!! Yuck! I had this disappointed feeling wash over me with an attitude of (I'm ashamed to admit), I don't want to be here with all these people.
 
That's when my heart was pierced with great conviction! I felt the Lord say, “THESE are my children.” I was completely busted! My heart attitude was so nasty, selfish and unkind!
 
“People look at the outward appearance, but God looks at the heart.” 1 Samuel 16:7
 
Not one person even my kids or BFF knew what was happening with me. But God looked at my heart and it was wicked. So after I quietly confessed and repented to God...it was as if he put HIS eyes on me. I began to look at each person, all different sizes, shapes, colors and age....all I could say as I really looked was, "She's beautiful!!"  and "He's beautiful!!" This one and that one too! All precious in His sight!!!
 
I will always remember God getting a hold of me right there in Incredible Pizza. I'm so thankful that he doesn't leave me to my rotten self. He continues to refine and perfect me into his image.
 
Challenge: Do not judge others or hold yourselves higher than anyone. Put on the eyes of Christ and you will see all of God’s children in a whole new light! His LIGHT!! Lord, Give me your eyes so I can really see. Amen

2 comments:

Loverocks said...

So true! I had this to happen to me a few weeks ago in walmart. I seen someone dressed different. I thought how can they dress like that. The Lord convicted me right then. Matthew 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged. I repented right then for my thoughts.

Unknown said...

Thank the Lord he loves us enough to discipline us, right? I always appreciate his tender convictions. I'm so glad you have tuned you ear into his voice. Thanks for writing!!
Blessings!!