Thursday, June 27, 2013

Summer of Sizzle


Home Fires Burning on Low?
by Amy Gentry
“I am my lover’s,
and he claims me as his own.
11 Come, my love, let us go out to the fields
and spend the night among the wildflowers.

12 Let us get up early and go to the vineyards
to see if the grapevines have budded,
if the blossoms have opened,
and if the pomegranates have bloomed.
There I will give you my love.
13 There the mandrakes give off their fragrance,
and the finest fruits are at our door,
new delights as well as old,
which I have saved for you, my lover.”
Song of Solomon 7:10-13

I wonder if the Shulamite woman in the Song of Solomon was pregnant, post-partum, worked all day around Solomon’s palace chasing a harems worth of children, up late preparing the home school lessons for Solomon’s sons.  Or maybe even menopausal.  In Song of Solomon 7:10-13, she was not in an “Ok, Let’s get this over with” mindset.  She was active, excited, engaged and ready.  Whatever her stage in life – she was ready and willing. 
But what if the home fires were burning on low?  “Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure…” Hebrews 13:4a  You can defile the marital bed by not honoring your physical relationship.  So much of a woman’s sexual experience takes place in her mind. If your fire is burning on low – take stock of why.  Do you need to forgive and forget a matter in your marriage?  You may need to just draw a line in the sand and start fresh.

 The Book Ends: Post-Partum to Menopause
Commonly these times are filled with the psychological effects of low libido due to self-consciousness resulting from the changes within your own body.  But sometimes this limited libido can be a result from the biochemical changes within your body.

FIRST- TELL YOUR HUSBAND ABOUT YOUR CONCERNS.
THEN- Speak to your doctor about any adverse effects on your body due to these hormonal seasons.
REMEMBER- Do not become frustrated with yourself – just keep moving forward through this whole time.

JUST DON’T THROW IN THE TOWEL – unless it is to strip the towel off to take a shower with your beloved. 
 
“There I will give you my love” Song of Solomon 7:12

No comments: