Thursday, June 6, 2013

Let it All Go and Reap the Reward


Let it All Go and Reap the Reward

by Kim Hawkins

Valuable Love Info:  Are you familiar with the Five Love Languages? There is a simple questionnaire to take that reveals how you best receive love. This information saved my marriage!

 Having different Love Languages than my hubby had me believing a lie that he did not love me. His #1 Love Language is Acts of Service, so he would help around the house and do many things for me out of love. Problem was, I prefer affection and quality time, and therefore, I felt very unloved when he walked past me time and time again as he was busy serving (loving) me.

“He who pursues righteousness and love finds life, prosperity and honor.” Proverbs 21:21

I know firsthand and all too well how dwelling on past hurts, painful memories, and unmet expectations can send you to a black, hopeless, slimy pit-fast! After taking this challenge myself, I was able to let go of all my baggage (hurts/wounds) and to love my husband wholly and leave all my expectations at the cross. When you surrender your will, things automatically change. It’s so unbelievable, but I remembered those who would love to have a husband and I started to appreciate every little thing. Through my obedience, God’s abundant blessings flooded our home and relationship.

Now that I wasn’t looking at him through hurt/pain/rejection I saw how beautiful he was!! Even to pick up his dirty socks left on the floor made me smile. The transformation of surrender makes for huge changes in attitude that I didn’t know was possible. This change in my attitude made me much more attractive and lovable too! It’s a win-win! More on all the wonderful fruit that came later…

 “But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full or mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere.” James 3:17

Challenge: Let all those disappointments go and full-on love your man with reckless abandon! Great is thy reward!!!


 Weekend Challenge Prayer and Dedication

Lord, you are so worthy to be praised. I thank you for the gift of my husband and for this opportunity. I thank you that you care about the condition of my heart and my marriage. I thank you in advance for what you are going to do in me and through me. Please do not allow me to do this in my flesh or in my own power. Holy Spirit, please guide each thought I have and every single effort I make. Please help me to keep my eyes and thoughts on you through to the end, where I will see all the fruits of my labor.

Starting today, I allow you to have all-access in the center of my marriage. I fully surrender my husband, myself and my home to you and your will.

I let go of all past hurts, disappointments, false perceptions, unmet expectations, and all unforgiveness in my heart. I choose to trust you to be the head of our home and marriage. Help me to see and love my husband the way you do.

In Jesus name, Amen
www.titus2women.org

No comments: