Monday, March 20, 2017

Lent Season Mar 20

Going Beyond - Revelation
Carri Lynne Pratt
 The Little Scroll
Today's Reading: Revelation 10:1-11
"Go take the scroll that lies in the hand of the angel
. . . Take it and eat it . It will turn your stomach sour, but in your mouth it will be as sweet as honey." Revelation 10:8-9
This is not the first time a scroll had been given by an angel.  In the Old Testament we read about Ezekiel being given a scroll and being told to speak to  God's people:

"And he said to me, "Son of man, eat what is before you, eat this scroll; then go and speak to the people of Israel. So I opened my mouth, and he gave me the scroll to eat. Then he said to me, "Son of man, eat this scroll I am givin you and fill your stomach with it. So I ate it, and it tasted as sweet as honey in my mouth." Ezekiel 3:1-3

We can compare the two accounts in Scripture and see that both times the angel instructed the men to speak to God's people.

The scroll might be viewed as God's word which to us as Christians tastes sweet however, when we are sharing the good news with others it is not always so sweet, it may appear sour to an unbeliever. However, we can not give up sharing the good news with those who need to hear it.

Reflection: Does God's word taste sweet to me? How does it taste when I share it with an unbeliever? Over the past year, who have I shared the good news with?

No comments: