Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Lent Season Mar 08

Going Beyond - Revelation
Carri Lynne Pratt

The Church at Philadelphia
Enduring to the End
 Today's Reading: Revelation 3:7-13


"Because you have kept my word about patient endurance, I will keep you from the hour of testing that is coming on the whole world." Revelation 3:10

 
This is the only letter that gives a commendation without giving a reproof.

Jesus tells them, “I know your works.” Rev 3:8.  God recognizes that even with little strength they were able to keep His word and not deny His name. As a reward God places an open door before them.

It is truly difficult to patiently endure the hardships of daily life. It is tempting to come to the wrong conclusions about why we are going through whatever we might be going through. It is easy to blame God and give in to temptation. Here is the key, God is in control. He knows what is best for us and how He wants to sanctify us.  It is our responsibility to acknowledge Him as sovereign and see the bigger picture.

The next passage is very exciting as it applies to the entire church including every saint that ever lived and will ever live (which I have been told includes you and me).

“Because you have kept my command to endure I will also keep you from the hour of testing that is going to come over the whole world to test those who live on the earth. I am coming quickly. Hold on to what you have so that no one takes your crown.” Rev 3:10-11

Did you get that? This promise, to all Christians who endure, will keep us from the most horrible moment that will come upon the earth. Yes, please feel free to breathe a deep sigh of relief!

Daily Reflection: Am I patiently enduring? Do I trust God to know what is best for my life and accept whatever He has planned for me?  Who do I know that needs to know Jesus to escape the horror of Hell and of the Great Tribulation?  Share the good news, it is too good to keep to ourselves.


Reward to those who overcome: 


“The victor: I will make him a pillar in the sanctuary of My God and he will never go out again. I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God – the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God and My new name.” Rev 3:12

No comments: