Monday, March 6, 2017

Lent Season Mar 06

Going Beyond - Revelation
Carri Lynne Pratt

The Church in Thyatira
Godly Gatekeepers
Today's Reading: Revelation 2:18-29

"And all the churches will know that I am He 
who searches mind and heart." Revelation 2:23
 
Once again we are confronted with those things that God deems as good:

        Deeds,
        Love and Faith, 
        Service, Perseverance
        Doing more than you did at first

However, Jesus is not pleased with the fact that they are putting up with Jezebel “who calls herself a prophetess, and teaches and deceives My servants to commit sexual immorality and to eat meat sacrificed to idols.” 
Rev 2:20.

Personally, I see "Jezebel" as anything I allow into my home that takes away from worshiping God or teaches my family to act in inappropriate ways.

Daily Reflection: As women we are given the special privilege of being one of the gatekeepers for our families. What types of movies, music, video games, friends, etc. are we welcoming into our home?  What type of influences are we allowing? What will God find when He searches our heart?

Reward promised to those who overcome:


"The victor and the one who keeps My works to the end: I will give (her) authority over the nations." Revelation 2:26

No comments: