Thursday, November 14, 2013

Scattering Seeds



Scattering Seeds … I AM
By Carri Pratt

“I won a contest at school today mom.” my middle school son informed me.  “I was in English and my teacher asked us to make the shortest sentence we could.  When it was my turn I said, I AM. That is what God said, right?”   

Well I was very impressed that he had used this opportunity to bring God into a public classroom, if only for a few moments. I told him how very proud I was and gave him a big hug.

You just never know where the seeds you have scattered are going to sprout.  I never imagined the seeds I had sown each morning with my children during our breakfast devotional would pop-up in the middle of an English class, but God is good and He can use any situation to shine His light upon others. It was a wonderful encouragement that my son was actually allowing the word of God to grow in his heart and mind.

“God replied to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: I AM has sent me to you.” Exodus 3:14

Challenge: Take a few moments each morning at breakfast to sow seeds with your children.  Find an age appropriate daily devotional and share God’s truth and His love with them.

No comments: