Thursday, January 8, 2015

Retro Wednesday 2013
 
 
Beyond, Beyond

By Amy Gentry

 

The conclusion to Ephesians 3:20 in the Amplified Bible says that God is able to, “…do superabundantly, far over and above all that we [dare] ask or think [infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes, or dreams]— ”

He is able to go far beyond what we think of as an impossible answer to our prayer.  He is able to go beyond what we would consider beyond to the point of beyond, beyond.  

Beyond, beyond is where I recently found myself.  I had a seemingly impossible prayer that God and I were discussing on a daily basis.  One day, in prayer, I told God about the very specific, detailed way this prayer could be answered by Him that would be beyond, beyond anything I could reasonably expect Him to do for me. 

Every day we would talk over this dilemma, I would beg and in response He would illuminate words from scripture that would be of great comfort to me.  Throughout the day I would pray a breath prayer, “Please beyond, beyond Lord.”  He knew exactly what I was asking, what I was offering up, what I was stressing over and fretting about.  Every time I would say, “beyond, beyond” He knew exactly the list needs that was my highest prayer, my highest desire, my highest thought, my highest hope, and my highest dream.  He knew my heart.

In His infinite wisdom, God may not give me a single thing I asked for on list of beyond, beyond needs, but I know that He is able to – and that’s alright by me.

CHALLENGE:  What is your beyond, beyond prayer?  Ask Him, because He is able.

2015 Update- 2 years after I wrote about a season of praying Beyond, Beyond breath prayers I have seen God move in amazing ways.  The answer to my prayer was the total opposite from I had asked for, but this is so much better.  God even through in a little somethin’ somethin’ extra for me this summer. (More on that in this month’s Family Matters.)

 

No comments: