Wednesday, January 7, 2015


 
January 4, 2015
by Amy Gentry
 
As I cracked open my One Year Bible for 2015, I was so scared and simultaneously excited to try a new version of the One Year Bible this year.  I chose to read the New King James Version, a big step out of my comfort zone because I am a New Living Bible kind of a girl.  
 

My take away after the first few days of the year - I was recently discussing with a friend, Genesis 9 when Noah's sons cover his nakedness.  So many times, for the sake of humor or a great one-liner, I throw my husband or children under the bus to my friends.  I am not careful to "cover their nakedness" by keeping private things private.  Conviction. 

"When he drank some of its wine, he became drunk and lay uncovered inside his tent. Ham, the father of Canaan, saw his father naked and told his two brothers outside. But Shem and Japheth took a garment and laid it across their shoulders; then they walked in backward and covered their father’s naked body. Their faces were turned the other way so that they would not see their father naked." Genesis 9:21-24

No comments: