Lies Women Believe by Nancy Leigh DeMoss
T2W Book Club
“If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” 1 John 1:8-9
This week read chapter 4: Lies Women Believe about Sin
Countering Lies with the TRUTH about Sin. . .
13. Lie: I can sin and get away with it
Truth: The choices I make today will have consequences.
Verse: Galations 6:7-8
14. Lie: My sin isn’t really that bad
Truth: Every act of sin is a rebellion against God
Verse: 1John 1:5-10
15. Lie: God can’t forgive what I have done
Truth: There is NO sin too great for God to forgive!
Verse: Psalm 130:3-4
16. Lie: I am not fully responsible for my actions
Truth: I am responsible for my own choices
Verse: Colossians 3:1-17
17. Lie: I cannot walk in consistent victory over sin
Truth: Through Christ I have been set free from sin
Verse: Romans 6:6-7
Post a Comment