Sunday, October 5, 2014

Book Club - Lies Women Believe



“More than 42% of women believe the lie 
that they are worthless.” (65)

Truth: “When God sent His only son, Jesus, to this earth … He put a price tag on you – He declared your worth …” (68) You are priceless!

This week read chapter 3: 
Lies Women Believe … About Themselves

Countering Lies with the TRUTH

7.     Lie:           I’m not worth anything
        Truth:        My value is determined by how God views me
        Verse:       Psalm 139:13-16

8.     Lie:           I need to learn to love myself
        Truth:        I need to deny myself
        Verse:       Matthew 16:24-26

9.     Lie:           I can’t help the way I am
        Truth:        I can be changed by the power of the Holy Spirit
Verse:       Galatians 5:16-18

10.    Lie:           I have my rights
        Truth:        Claiming my rights will put me in bondage
        Verse:       Psalm 37:1-11

11.    Lie:           Physical beauty matters more than inner beauty
        Truth:        At best, physical beauty is temporal & fleeting
        Verse:       Proverbs 31:30

12.    Lie:           I shouldn’t have any unfulfilled longings
        Truth:        I will always be unfulfilled this side of heaven
        Verse:       Philippians 3:20-4:1

No comments: