Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Santa Claustrophobia

Santa Claustrophobia
by Jenn V.


“Matthew 6:33 (KJV) But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.”
A couple of years ago, right before Christmas, I did a study titled Called to be a Keeper by Lori Merrill.  This study was so amazing!  It totally turned my heart toward home and taught me to make it a priority, along with my family.  Matt. 6:33 became my life verse at that time.  This is the study that made me realize so many other Christian women might be missing the obvious, just like I did.  God at that time gave me a heart for these women like me and wanting to spread the word and tell them this “oh so important” lesson I had learned.  So many women struggle to find what’s missing in their lives and all along, it’s right in front of them, their husband, children and home.  Our society thinks that doing “good things” needs to be done outside of the home.  All that is great and well, but God shows that women are called to put their homes first and make that the top priority above everything else.  Doing good things outside the home should come second.
As Christmas came closer, I quickly realized that I did not have enough Jesus in my decorations.  I collected Santas.  Now, that’s okay if you do that!  I just got one of those holy tugs in my heart and realized for myself that I needed to make a change and make Jesus more of an obvious priority in my home during the holidays.  I love Santa!  Don’t get me wrong, but I had him everywhere and I started feeling quite CLAUStrophobic!  I still have some Santa decorations, I’m just not buried in him like a hoarder anymore.  I donated my decorations to a worthy cause and went shopping to Hobby Lobby!  The mother of all Christian Christmas decorating stores!  PLUS helloooo 40% off coupons every week too! 
If you would like to do this study, talk to your Women’s Ministry Director and see if you can get a class started.  You can also go to www.keepersministry.com for more information.  You will not regret it!   

CHALLENGE:  Pray about your priorities and your home and see where God may be moving you to make some changes.

No comments: