Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Power of the Cross

The Power of the Cross
By Suzie M.

 
When was the last time you experienced the power of Jesus?  As I sit here tonight reflecting on an amazing week I am amazed by our Almighty God!
Tonight I got to be the hands and feet of Jesus!  I love serving others.  Oh I didn’t want to go tonight.  I really wanted to stay home with my family especially since I had been gone almost every night this week. I should have known this was just the deceiver’s way of trying to keep me from sharing God’s love to precious girls.  But I did go.
I volunteer with a special ministry.  It is called We are Cherished and we go out to strip clubs and give gift bags to the girls and love on them and encourage them to come hang out at the “house” and support them as much as possible.  There is an outreach once a month.  I don’t go every month but I went this month and God rocked my socks off!
The praise and worship time before we go out is amazing in and of itself.  Then we head out in two teams to Dallas and Fort Worth, loaded down with hundreds of gift bags.  We walk boldly through the front doors of the clubs and ask for the manager and usually he takes us back and then we get to work.  We pass out the gift bags and give out hugs and talk to the girls, encourage them to call the number on the card and come to our support group on Wednesdays.  This entire evening in covered heavily in prayer, it is highly organized and God is totally in control.
Tonight I had a divine appointment with one girl.  Before we went into this particular club I was really nervous so I prayed for our team going in, for peace and boldness and for God to open the doors for us.  We got out of the car and immediate peace washed over me.  We were in the dressing room and this particular girl came running in to us and was so excited to see us.  She has been there every time WAC has come.  She started crying and couldn’t stop hugging me!  I immediately bonded with her and we talked and talked and hugged.  She wants out of this industry so bad, she knows Christ as her Lord and Savior but she needs the money.  We talked about her walk with the Lord, her boyfriend, getting out and knowing that God loves her and wants her to return to Him and His ways.  I got in the car and prayed for her and just cried tears of sorrow for her.  I felt genuine love for her.  Even while I was inside talking with her I told her only God could give me the love that I felt for her at that moment.
We went on to several more clubs, left lots of gifts and prayers. Even in the places where we couldn’t get in and actually talk to the girls I know God is already doing His amazing work.  I told the other women I was with as it pertains to some of the clubs we couldn’t get into, I said we are making baby steps but Jesus is making Giant Steps.
The power of the cross was felt and seen this night.  The peace we had the doors that were opened, the hearts that were softened and knowing that by God using us to bring the gifts to the door He would take it from there and redeem his precious children.  Words cannot even describe the power, peace and love that was felt and seen which you know is only from God.
You see, it doesn’t matter what you have done or where you are.  You are a child of God, you are made in His image and He loves you with an everlasting love.  He wants all of His children to return to Him.  The bible tells us Jesus is our shepherd and even if one has wandered away, He will go after them.
Have you wandered away?  Come back home.  There will be a huge celebration in heaven just for you!  You mean everything to Jesus!  He gave His life just for you.  You don’t have to pay him back, you just need to believe in Him, trust His love and forgiveness. 
Turn from your ways, ask God to forgive you for your specific sin(s) and don’t go back.  He’s patiently waiting for you!

No comments: