Thursday, April 12, 2012

A New Attitude


A New Attitude by Carri P
Have you ever had one of those moments when you just feel like screaming, “I’m done! That’s it, I just can’t do this anymore!”?  Being a wife, mother, employee, friend, housekeeper, homework monitor, taxi driver, student, etc. is just overwhelming sometimes.  I catch myself longing for the Rapture to take me up and away from all of this.  When I am not strong, I find Satan whispering in my ear - telling me what a failure I have become.  Then I look around and notice that I am not receiving any type of appreciation for my efforts (which happens to be my love language).
When I feel this pain I turn to my Bible and seek God’s face, not His hand, to have my quiet time and my soul is refreshed by His love.  He helps me to change my perspective, which has a huge effect on my attitude.  He offers me His living water from His word, “…and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:2 NIV
If Jesus can make such an amazing sacrifice for me, and I am to be like Him, then I can change my perspective/attitude regarding the sacrifices I am making for my family.  My family is not a burden; they are a blessing from God!  My daily chores are not to be dreaded; they are to be cherished as moments of small sacrifices I can offer up to my family saying, “I love you."
Yes, being a mother may include a series of sacrifices, however with a Godly perspective we can receive a fresh attitude of love and joy towards our children and our role as their mother.   God chose you to be the mother of your children!  Rejoice and be glad, enjoy every moment and rather than complaining, thank God for the blessings in your life.  Being a mother is a gift.
Challenge:  The next time you feel an attack of “I can’t do this anymore,” get your Bible out and spend some time with your Father God.  Thank God that He chose you to be the mother of your children.

No comments: