Friday, February 3, 2012

To Speak Life

Biblical Priority #1 - God
To Speak Life
by Kim H

“For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.” Matthew 12:34
May all your speech be positive that build one another up. May all your words line up with God’s will for yourself and others. I can’t think of a better way to love.

This topic of Speaking Life really grabbed me after reading about it in The Power of a Praying Parent book by Stormie OMartian many years ago. She spoke of how our words have the power of life and death as written in the book of Proverbs. She tells us how when we speak life, we are in agreement with God for the person or situation to which we are referring.

I know (and have seen) that an encouraging word can send someone soaring, talk someone off a cliff, and it can save a marriage. My husband was told by a grade school teacher that he was good at math. And guess what? He has never doubted that he was good at math since. It really made a big difference in his confidence!

“A word aptly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver.”  Proverbs 25:11
One of the most amazingly positive and uplifting ladies I know has four children-four really confident, giving, loving and precious children. How did she do it, we wondered? Because she spoke LIFE into them and it continues in their lives to this day. She believed in them; she lifted them up with her positive words and positive attitude.

“Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my strength and my redeemer.” Psalm 19:14

Challenge: Pray with me. Dear Lord, I pray that I would speak with only love and life! Please set a guard over my mouth and help me live with a pure heart that glorifies you in all my speech and actions. May all my body language and facial expressions communicate love only. Lord, may I live and love as Jesus did-with love, service, healing and sacrifice. I submit to your Holy Spirit and ask for you to speak and love through me. In Jesus name, Amen

No comments: