Sunday, January 15, 2012

Standard of Grace, Not Perfection

Standard of Grace, Not Perfection
Biblical Priority #4 Home
by Stephanie H.

Genesis 1:28 (KJV) And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

We were made to be God’s keepers of what He has made; to wisely and progressively take care of it according to Him.  This should not be viewed as a task, but rather a blessing.  We should also see that this is very important to Him and that He has entrusted this priority to us.

Do you put guilt or unrealistic expectations on yourself?  The home is an area that I struggle with unrealistic expectations of myself.  I convince myself that I have to do it perfectly and when my outcome isn’t perfection (and it never is), then I have failed.  Trying to reach perfection robs me of my Joy. God’s purpose for us is to see and experience His splendor and perfect life.  He wants me to see His perfect life, not my perfect life.  Hebrews 2:11 (NLT) says, So now Jesus and the ones he makes holy have the same Father. That is why Jesus is not ashamed to call them his brothers and sisters.  He who died for you is not ashamed of you.  I find freedom in the home knowing that Jesus is not ashamed of me.  He loves me!  He loves you!  He offers us grace.
CHALLENGE: Seek God’s direction about how you “keep” your home and hold yourself to a standard of Grace not Perfection.

No comments: