Friday, January 6, 2012

Two Shall Become One

Two Shall Become One
Biblical Priority #2 – Marriage
By Jenn V.

Mark 10:7-9 NIV  For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, 8 and the two will become one flesh. So they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

January starts a new year with new goals, missions, and resolutions.  It’s a time to reflect on the past year and evaluate the things we want to change for the coming year.  It’s a time for looking and reevaluating the priorities in our lives.  Marriage is priority #2.  That’s a pretty high priority that comes right after God.  Are we making our husbands a high priority in our lives?  I constantly have to ask myself this, not just in January, but all throughout the year!  With children, our home, a part-time job, church, ministry involvements, and PTA, it’s hard for me to keep everything in the correct order that God intended.  My calendar and To Do List can get in the way and try to separate me from my husband - what God joined as ONE.  We separate ourselves from our husbands when we are too busy with life. As busy multi-tasking women, we can leave our husbands out in the cold.  But when I do keep the priorities in order of God, Husband, Children, Home, Service and Others, my life runs so much more smoothly. I’m reconnected with my husband just the way it was meant to be when God joined us together on our very special wedding day.
Challenge:  Take a look at your days and weeks ahead and make sure your husband really is the #2 priority in your life.

No comments: