Lies Women Believe by Nancy Leigh DeMoss
“The Truth is that the ultimate purpose of marriage is not to make us happy, but to glorify God.” (137)
This week read chapter 6:
Lies Women Believe … About Marriage
Countering Lies with the TRUTH about marriage. . .
21. Lie: I have to have a husband to be happy
Truth: Happiness is not found in marriage.
Verse: James 1:16-17
22. Lie: It is my responsibility to change my mate
Truth: A godly life and prayer are the two greatest means of
influence in your husband’s life.
Verse: Proverbs 2:1-6
23. Lie: My husband is supposed to serve me
Truth: We are never more like Jesus when we are serving others,
including our husbands.
Verse: Genesis 2:18
24. Lie: If I submit to my husband I will be miserable!
Truth: Submission defies logic, it is not about logic, it is about love.
Verse: Ephesians 5:21-23
25. Lie: If my husband is passive, I’ve got to take the initiative,
or nothing will get done.
Truth: God created man to be an initiator
Verse: Genesis 3:6
26. Lie: Sometimes divorce is a better option than staying
in a bad marriage.
Truth: There is no marriage God cannot heal. There is no person
God cannot change.
Verse: 2 Corinthians 12:9