Sunday, November 2, 2014

T2W Book Club



Lies Women Believe by Nancy Leigh DeMoss


“The Truth is that the ultimate purpose of marriage is not to make us happy, but to glorify God.” (137)


This week read chapter 6: 
Lies Women Believe … About Marriage


Countering Lies with the TRUTH about marriage. . .

21.    Lie:           I have to have a husband to be happy
        Truth:        Happiness is not found in marriage.
        Verse:       James 1:16-17

22.    Lie:           It is my responsibility to change my mate
        Truth:        A godly life and prayer are the two greatest means of 
                        influence in your husband’s life.
        Verse:       Proverbs 2:1-6

23.    Lie:           My husband is supposed to serve me
        Truth:        We are never more like Jesus when we are serving others,  
                        including our husbands.
Verse:       Genesis 2:18

24.    Lie:           If I submit to my husband I will be miserable!
        Truth:        Submission defies logic, it is not about logic, it is about love.
        Verse:       Ephesians 5:21-23

25.    Lie:           If my husband is passive, I’ve got to take the initiative,
                          or nothing will get done.
        Truth:        God created man to be an initiator
        Verse:       Genesis 3:6

26.    Lie:           Sometimes divorce is a better option than staying 
                          in a bad marriage.
        Truth:        There is no marriage God cannot heal. There is no person 
                        God cannot change.
Verse:       2 Corinthians 12:9

No comments: