Sunday, November 23, 2014

T2W Book Club



Lies Women Believe & the TRUTH that sets them FREE  
by Nancy Leigh DeMoss

CORAM DEO
“Living all of life
In the presence of God
Under the authority of God
And to the glory of God.” (231)
 
This week read chapter 9: Lies Women Believe … 
                                              About Cirumstances


Countering Lies with the TRUTH . . .

36.    Lie:           If my circumstances were different, I would be different
        Truth:        My circumstances do not make me what I am
        Verse:       Philippians 4:11-12

37.    Lie:           I shouldn’t have to suffer
        Truth:        Suffering is a pathway to sanctification
        Verse:       James 1:2-5

38.    Lie:           My circumstances will never change
        Truth:        My suffering will not last forever
Verse:      Psalm 30:5

39.    Lie:           I just can’t take it anymore
        Truth:        God will never give me more than I can bear
        Verse:       2 Corinthians 11:22-30

40.    Lie:           It’s all about me
        Truth:        I was created for God’s glory and pleasure
        Verse:       Revelation 4:11

No comments: