Monday, June 30, 2014

Genesis Bible Study



Genesis – In the Beginning
Chapter 25
By Carri Pratt


“And Esau said to Jacob, “Let me eat some of that red stew, for I am exhausted!” … “Sell me your birthright now.” Jacob said. . . . So he swore to him and sold his birthright to Jacob.” Genesis 25:30-33

Two things women have learned, one, never buy or sell anything while you are hungry and two, hasty decisions are never a good idea.

I just cannot help feeling sorry for Esau while at the same time thinking, “Are you kidding me? Selling your birthright for a bowl of stew?”

When I consider the implications of this upon my own life it makes me consider the times I have traded things of value for things that provide only immediate gratification.

These types of decisions inevitably lead to regret. Regret leads to depression; and that can linger for a whole lifetime.

The pain I have personally experienced has taught me to fully trust in God alone for making decisions.

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:5-7

Challenge: If you want to make a good decision, make sure to pray about it first, then wait for an answer. Have patience sister, our Father is good and will supply you at just the right time. Remember, His timing is perfect!

No comments: