Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Genesis Bible Study


Bible Study Genesis 24
By Amy Gentry

 
I would love for my daughters and son to consent to an arranged marriage, but unfortunately they are unwilling.  Go figure.  But I have seen lessons to be learned from Abraham about the marriages of our children. 

·       Pray about the meeting of your child and their spouse- Abraham was concerned with what kind of woman his son would marry, and in what environment she would be found (vs.3-6).  So much so that he sent his servant to a foreign land to find a woman who would honor the God of his son.  

·       Trust the Lord’s guidance- Abraham also knew that, he (the Lord) will send his angel before you so that you can get a wife for my son from there.” (v7b)

·       Be specific in your prayer- “May it be that when I say to a young woman, ‘Please let down your jar that I may have a drink,’ and she says, ‘Drink, and I’ll water your camels too’—let her be the one you have chosen for your servant Isaac. By this I will know that you have shown kindness to my master.”  Before he had finished praying…… (Vs. 14-15a) GOD ACTED BEFORE HE HAD EVEN FINISHED PRAYING !!!!

The Lord is faithful to bless -- “And Isaac brought Rebekah into his mother Sarah’s tent, and she became his wife. He loved her deeply, and she was a special comfort to him after the death of his mother.” (vs.67)  When parents are consulted and regarded, the blessing of God be expected.

No comments: