Saturday, January 26, 2013

A Prayer for Our Sons


A Prayer for Our Sons
By Stephanie H.

Sovereign, Almighty God, thank you for (your sons’ name).

I come to you carrying my child and offering him to you.  He is Yours.  Thank you for trusting me to take care of him, love him and teach him more about you.  Thank you for teaching me more about your love through his life.  Thank you for blessing our family with more laughter, more joy and more love through his life.
When I fail to show him Your love, Your grace and Your mercy, please forgive me.   Please forgive me when I fail to look at him as you created him.
Lord,
I pray that he would come to Know you in a very real and personal way.
I pray that he would come to know you at an early age.
I pray that you would protect him and help him to know that you are always in control.
I pray that you would burden his heart when he is not in your will.
I pray that he would seek to be the eyes, ears, mouth, feet and hands of Jesus.
I pray that you equip him with a servant’s heart.
I pray that he would learn quickly from every trial and that he would always reflect on your promises.
I pray for the woman that you are preparing for him.
I pray that you will protect her and her family.
I pray that she has 2 loving parents that hold marriage as a blessing from you and are teaching her about your love through their love.
I pray that she comes to know you at an early age as well and that she will also Know you in very real and personal way.
I pray that when they meet that you will help them to always remember to seek your wisdom and truths for their lives and to put you first.
Thank you for hearing my prayers and thank you again for the opportunity to partner with you in raising (your son’s name) to be a man of God.  He is Yours.
Amen.

No comments: