Sunday, November 16, 2014

T2W Book Club

T2W Book Club - Lies Women Believe by Nancy Leigh DeMoss


"The truth is, God is good, whether I feel like He is good or not. The truth is God loves me, whether I feel loved or not. The truth is, through faith in the shed blood of Jesus Christ on my behalf, I am forgiven, whether I feel forgiven or not. The truth is, God will never leave me or forsake me; He is with me all the time, even when I feel alone and forsaken." (195)

This week read chapter 8:
            Lies Women Believe ... About Emotions

Countering Lies with Truth about Emotions. . . 

32.  Lie:     If I feel something, it must be true.
      Truth:  I must choose to reject any feeling that is not consistent with truth.
      Verse:  Ephesisans 4:14-15 

33.  Lie:     I can't control my emotions.
      Truth:  I do not have to be controlled by my emotions.
      Verse:  Psalm 42:11

34.  Lie:     I can't help how I respond when my hormones go crazy.
      Truth:  There is no excuse for ungodly attitudes, responses or behavior.
      Verse:  1 Thessalonians 5:23-24

35.  Lie:     The answer to depression must first be sought in medication
                 or psychotherapy.
      Truth:  God has given us powerful resources - His grace, His Spirit,
                 His Word, His promises!
      Verse:  2 Corinthians 12:9
 

No comments: