Saturday, April 13, 2013

Trail Guide

Trail Guide
by Stephanie H.
 

Do you ever think of your testimony as boring?  Do you hear great testimonies and wish yours was a little more…exciting?  I want to encourage you!  I was born to 2 incredibly godly parents and I had 4 incredibly godly grandparents.  I accepted Christ and was baptized at age 7.  Although I had a good beginning it does not automatically guarantee a good ending.  Just like training for a big race, training does not guarantee a win.  While the final result is going to heaven, the journey is important too.  You can make your testimony very exciting during the journey.  I want to encourage you to dream big, humbly seek God daily and pray expectantly.  God has a great plan for your life.  Whether you live your life according to His plan is up to you.

God recently laid on my heart something that seemed impossible and I had no idea where to even begin.  After much prayer I knew I needed to share the journey with others so it could start coming to life and so whatever happened I could give God all the glory.  I started by asking 3 close friends that I knew would pray for me unselfishly and wouldn’t start telling me what to do.  Sometimes we need prayer and no advice.  I didn’t want to feed my mind with ideas that weren’t of the Lord.  He showed me that even though it looked like I had a mountain in front of me, He was capable of moving mountains, carrying me over the mountain or walking right beside me on every trail until I was on the other side of the mountain.
Every time I go snow skiing I look at the trail map and plan my route.  The trail map for life is the Bible.  Meet with the Lord before you put on your shoes for the day and let Him help you plan out your route.  No matter what mountain is ahead of you on your journey The Lord is with you!
Psalm 18:29 “With your help I can advance against a troop; with my God I can scale a wall (mountain).” (Emphasis mine)
Psalm 91:11-12 (AMP)For He will give His angels [especial] charge over you to accompany and defend and preserve you in all your ways [of obedience and service]. They shall bear you up on their hands, lest you dash your foot against a stone.”
Challenge:  Dream big, trust the Lord, humbly seek God and pray expectantly.  He has your back!

No comments: