Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A Prayer for Our Daughters



A Prayer for Our Daughters
By Stephanie H.

Sovereign, Almighty God, thank You for (your daughters’ name).

I come to you carrying my child and offering her to You.  She is Yours.  Thank you for trusting me to take care of her, love her and teach her more about You.  Thank You for teaching me about Your love through her life.  Thank You for blessing our family with more laughter, more joy and more love through her life.

When I fail to show her Your love, Your grace and Your mercy, please forgive me.   Please forgive me when I fail to look at her as you created her.

Lord,

I pray that she would come to know you in a real and personal way.

I pray that she would come to know You at an early age.

I pray that You would protect her and help her to know that You are always in control.

I pray that You would burden her heart when she is not in Your will.

I pray that she would seek to be the eyes, ears, mouth, feet and hands of Jesus.

I pray that You will equip her with a servant’s heart.

I pray that she would learn quickly from every trial having a repentant heart and that she would always reflect on your promises.

I pray for the man that You are preparing for her.

I pray that You will protect him and his family.

I pray that he has 2 loving parents that uphold marriage as a blessing from You and are teaching him about Your love through their love.

I pray that he comes to know You at an early age as well and that he will also know You in a very real and personal way.

I pray that when they meet You will help them always remember to seek Your wisdom and truths for their lives and to put You first.

Thank You for hearing my prayers and thank You again for the opportunity to partner with You in raising (your daughters’ name) to be a woman of God.  She is Yours.

Amen.

No comments: