Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Witness Under Pressure

Scattering Seeds … Witness Under Pressure
By Carri Pratt

 “I’ve been laid off. Sorry to tell you like this, they need the phone back.”  This was a text I received from my husband on my way home from work Friday.  For a moment I couldn’t breathe.  I looked in the rear view mirror at my four year old son.  He was smiling and excited because we had planned on going to Chuck E. Cheese for dinner and that was all he could talk about for days.

When I walked into the house and saw my husband I immediately embraced him and told him everything would be fine.  We just sat there for a moment of disbelief.  I looked at him and asked what happened.  The next words that came from his mouth filled my spirit.  “My boss called me into his office and told me work was slow and he was being forced to lay me off.  He told me it wasn’t me and he would give me a great recommendation.”  “What did you do?” I asked.  “I told him it was ok.  God has always taken care of me and my family and I told him God has a plan for us.”

In that moment I was so proud of my husband!  What an incredible witness he was to his boss.  They say when you squeeze a Christian you should get Christ and that is exactly what my husband portrayed.  Jeremiah 29:11 has never been more precious to me, For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” NIV

Challenge:  The next time you find yourself in a difficult situation meditate on Jeremiah 29:11 and truly realize that God will take care of you and has a plan for your life.

No comments: