Saturday, August 27, 2011

Roll Call

Roll Call
Biblical Priority #1 - God
by Kim H.

It’s what usually happens right away on the first day of school. Each child’s name is called, each one is accounted for. The teacher does not know them individually. At first, she has a list of names only. Jesus knows your name but does he know you?

A relationship with our Father in Heaven is a steady dependence on his spirit to lead us, even when we are frightened. Asking him to lead, trusting him with the details of our life by laying down our will for his. Surrender all hopes and expectations and watch him take care of all of your life and future. No more forcing things to occur in your timetable by working tirelessly and stressing out. No more controlling your children, husband or schedule. Pray, a lot, all the time without ceasing about everything. Read your bible to know him intimately more and more every day. He will speak to you while you are in his word. Ask him questions and wait on your answer. Example: “Lord, is this your will for me?” Seek his face and be led by his peace. He is in all details of life, watch and see.
Which camp do you fall into?
(Jesus speaking) “Not everyone who says to me, “Lord, Lord, will enter the kingdom of Heaven, but only he does the will of my Father who is in Heaven. Many will say to me on that day, “Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out many demons and perform many miracles?” Then I will look at them plainly, “I never knew you. Away from me, you evil-doers!” Matthew 7:21-23

(Moses asking God) “What else will distinguish me and your people from all the other people from the face of the earth?” And the Lord said to Moses, I will do the very thing you have asked, because I am pleased with you and I know you by name.” Exodus 7:16b-17 NIV

Challenge: Yield and or submit to HIS leading.

No comments: