Sunday, January 25, 2015

One Year Bible

Carri Pratt

This was quite a crazy week around my house. We had the upstairs flooring ripped out and new flooring put in, we had a sick child in the house, it was grandmother's birthday, our cat ran away (we found him thankfully) and I started back at seminary for the spring semester. 

If I were to take a survey, I would bet that your week was pretty close to the same level of "busy-ness."

Why are we talking about how busy we are? Because that is exactly what the enemy uses to draw us away from reading God's word. To be very honest, I think I only picked up my Bible three or four days this week. However, what a different kind of day it becomes when God's truth saturates our being. It can change our attitude, encourage us and give us hope to face the trials of life.
 
My prayer for you is that as you continue on in your quest to finish the One Year Bible this year, don't become discouraged and don't stop! You might miss a day here or there but keep going, even if you can only get to the Psalms on a busy day, there is power in God's word!
 
My favorite passage this week is from January 23rd:
 
"The law of the Lord is perfect, reviving the soul.
The statutes of the Lord are trustworthy, making wise the simple.
The precepts of the Lord are right, giving joy to the heart.
The commands of the Lord are radiant, giving light to the eyes.
The fear of the Lord is pure, enduring forever.
The ordinances of the Lord are sure and altogether righteous.
They are more precious than gold; they are sweeter than honey,
than honey from the comb."
Psalm 19:7-10
 
 
 
 

No comments: