Friday, October 2, 2015

The Appetite and Indulgence

The Appetite and Indulgence

Have you noticed the more bad food you eat, the more you crave it? The same is true of any indulgence whether it be envy, gossip, a bad attitude, or anything that is unproductive. Once you feed an appetite it can easily rule and dominate you, if you let it.  Certain things may have a much stronger hold on you than others.

Let’s examine what we are regularly over-indulging in that will never satisfy? It doesn’t have to be something as obvious as smoking; it could be social media, romance novels, or substance abuse. Whatever it may be, it does have a consequence and it could come with a high price.

 Be willing to surrender any indulgences that are brought to your attention by asking God to set you free, fill the void, and to sustain you.

“Everything is permissible for me—but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible for me but I will not be mastered by anything.”  1 Corinthians 6:12

“In my anguish I cried out to the Lord, and he answered by setting me free.” Psalm 118:5

No comments: