Sunday, January 11, 2015

One Year Bible

T2W Bible Study - One Year Bible January


One thing that strikes me about this week's reading is that we will never fully understand God this side of heaven.

There are so many times I want to ask WHY? about the text I am reading. For instance, in this week's reading, Why was Sarah not blessed with a child earlier? Why was Ishmael destined to be "a wild donkey of a man" Genesis 16:12? Why did all of the men need to be circumcised? 

However, I must remind myself of what God said in Isaiah, "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways." Isaiah 55:8

I can rest assured that God knows what He is doing and instead of asking why? ask What? What do you have for me this day Lord? What do You want me to change about myself? What is Your will for my life? What can I do for You?

Going forward I must remind myself each time I sit and read God's word, to read it with an open heart, an open mind, and be ready to receive whatever it is that God has for me.

My favorite verse from this week's reading:

"But let all who take refuge in You rejoice;
Let them sing joyful praises forever.
Spread your protection over them,
that all who love Your name
may be filled with joy.
For you bless the godly, O LORD:
You surround them with Your shield of love." 
Psalm 5:11-12  


Much encouragement for you as you continue your personal reading of the One Year Bible this week!
Carri Pratt 

No comments: