Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Scattering Seeds



Scattering Seeds … Silent Witness
By Carri Pratt


My daughter recently had a “fun run” as her school’s annual fundraiser. The kind where they earn money for every lap the children run. So, of course the school encourages the parents to come cheer on their little darlings to show support and get them to run as many laps as they can.

The parents are also asked to run or walk with their children to show their school spirit. So, as the good mother I try to be, I threw on a t-shirt, shorts and some tennis shoes and headed up to her school for her scheduled run time.

Once I arrived, I stood on the sidelines watching and cheering her on, and her classmates, as they ran lap after lap and as their little faces began to sweat and turn red. Soon my daughter ran up to me, grabbed my hand and asked, “Mom, will you run with me?” Well what’s a mom supposed to do? especially after I showed up wearing my running shoes.

So, we began to run together. The funny thing was, as I began to run with her I began to notice the faces of the parents on the sidelines. I could see them reading my “Property of Jesus” t-shirt and giving me various expressions. There was even one woman in particular that seemed to watch me until my eyes met hers and she swiftly turned away. I quickly realized I was acting as a silent witness for Jesus Christ.

I was reminded of what Paul said in Hebrews, “let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. . .” 12:1. God is so good! Even in the midst of what seemed like a regular day, running with my daughter, Jesus was right there cheering us on! 

Isn’t that just like God to allow this moment to serve as a testimony of how His children should run the race through life with perseverance even when we are so ready to quit, with our sweaty faces turning red we simply need to turn to Him and say, “Father, will You run with me?” and you know His answer will always be, “Yes!”

“But those who hope in the Lord
    will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
    they will run and not grow weary,
    they will walk and not be faint.”
Isaiah 40:31

No comments: