Sunday, October 19, 2014

Lies Women Believe

Lies Women Believe by Nancy Leigh DeMoss
T2W Book Club
 

“If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” 1 John 1:8-9

This week read chapter 4: Lies Women Believe about Sin


Countering Lies with the TRUTH about Sin. . .

13.    Lie:           I can sin and get away with it
        Truth:        The choices I make today will have consequences.
        Verse:       Galations 6:7-8

14.    Lie:           My sin isn’t really that bad
        Truth:        Every act of sin is a rebellion against God
        Verse:       1John 1:5-10

15.    Lie:           God can’t forgive what I have done
        Truth:        There is NO sin too great for God to forgive!
Verse:       Psalm 130:3-4

16.    Lie:           I am not fully responsible for my actions
        Truth:        I am responsible for my own choices
        Verse:       Colossians 3:1-17

17.    Lie:           I cannot walk in consistent victory over sin
        Truth:        Through Christ I have been set free from sin
        Verse:       Romans 6:6-7

 

No comments: