Friday, August 3, 2018

Don't Play The Blame Game


Don't Play The Blame Game

When we concentrate our focus on others being to blame for our problems, hurt, or suffering we are just making excuses for holding onto hurt. Blaming others is a waste of time and just keeps us stuck to grow more and more bitter. 

One of the best things I ever did was to officially stop for good pointing the finger at others. When I finally stopped doing this, but gave grace and forgiveness instead, these relationships drastically improved or just no longer affected me. 

Someone cannot chase you if you don't run. 
Refuse to get baited into their game, or even worse, presume something to be upset about when it's really nothing at all. 

You see, the blame game is keeping a record of wrongs and the bible clearly says we should not do that. I look inward and ask the Lord, "What is my part in this?" I have to make certain that my heart is right and that I'm not carrying bitterness, resentfulness, or unforgiveness. 

I am only responsible for me. I release the others to the Lord, and he is my defender. 

"You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you!" Isaiah 26:3

"The Lord is your mighty defender, perfect and just in all his ways; Your God is faithful and true; he does what is right and fair." Deuteronomy 32:4

"Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.
And over all these virtues put on love,
which binds them all together in perfect unity."
Colossians 3:13-14

women encouraging women



No comments: