Tuesday, November 7, 2017

What I Want My Children to Know Before They Leave Home

Greetings Sisters in Christ,
I am so grateful for you amazing women who embrace the role of mother on a daily basis. Being a mom is the most difficult job I could ever imagine! Much encouragement to you.

As a mother of three I want to do the best job I can to provide for and nurture these sweet spirits. I am in constant prayer for both their well being and my capabilities to meet the challenges of each day.  Recently the Holy Spirit has been convicting me of the fact that I have a very limited amount of time left with my children at home. (The same might be true for you.) My oldest son will be graduating high school in less than three years and it grieves me to think of all of the lost opportunities I had to share moments and important advice with him but didn't. I may have chosen to do something important (like laundry or dishes), but actually it wasn't the most important.

I sat down and wrote a list of at least fifty different things I want them to know to prepare for their independence and luckily there is still plenty of time! 

Henceforth, I have made a commitment to share at least one piece of advice or a life skill with my children each week that I absolutely want them to know before they leave my home; and I am going to publish it here on Titus2Women.org with the hope that you will serve as my accountability partners. 

I welcome (and crave) advice and suggestions for things that you want your children to know before they leave your home and enter the world on their own. Please share your thoughts with me. If you are feeling conviction about your children, please listen to the Holy Spirit, and allow Him to guide you as well.  
I will be posting each Tuesday and look forward to hearing from you. 

A prayer for our Journey
     Heavenly Father God,
                 We pray for guidance, through the power of the Holy Spirit. We know the struggle is real for the hearts and souls of our children and we call upon You to give us Godly wisdom. Help us to train up our children to be prepared for life, to know You and to love and obey You and to call upon Jesus for forgiveness and salvation.
                We love You and praise You, In Jesus name, Amen.

"Train up a child in the way he should go,
and when he is old, he will not depart from it." 
Proverbs 22:6

No comments: