Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Day Surprise


Surprise your Sweethearts

by Carri Pratt

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. 
But the greatest of these is love." 1 Corinthians 13:13
 

One of my very favorite holidays is Valentines Day. I love to show my husband and children that I love them in a tangible way. It is so very fun for me to decorate our kitchen table with a few things and see their surprise when they come down for breakfast.

Turn a normal morning or afternoon into an extraordinary one.

So Easy!!!
Starting from Scratch
A few items from the Dollar Store (see list below)

15-20 Minutes to transform your table into something special!

And the smiles on their faces... PRICELESS!


This year my oldest son read the love chapter from 1 Corinthians 13:

If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, 
I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.
   
If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 
  
If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.
 
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 

Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 
  
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.


Items you'll need, One visit to the Dollar Store including: 

Tablecloth
Balloons
Plates
Fun Cake Treats (You can bake your own if you have time)
2 Hang up decorations
Vday small gift bags
Vday small stuffed bears
1 pack foam hearts
1 pack small conversation hearts
1 Vday candy heart treat per child
1 Vday card per child
$1 bills in each child's card


No comments: