Friday, September 19, 2014

THE KNOT CALLED HOPE


THE KNOT CALLED HOPE  

The passionate, steadfast and inspiring pastor that married us has a saying and it has served us well for almost 21 years of marriage. He says:

“When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.”

Over the years, I have been too stubborn, too immature, or too prideful to appreciate the idea of hanging on when the going gets real tough. I have also rolled my eyes as I heard them in my head or repeated by my darling hubby.

But! The BEST marriages and families HANG ON FOR DEAR LIFE because there is no substitute and the refusing to quit PAYS OFF. I promise you that. My children (and future generations) will promise that too.

“Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.” 
Romans 12:12

Listen to the song "I Wont Give Up" by Jason Mraz

No comments: