Thursday, February 2, 2012

Reservation for Two, Please

Reservation for Two, Please
By Amy G.

                It may be true that Valentine’s Day is a holiday created by greeting card executives, but it is also a great time of the year to take stock of my marriage and remember that it is vital for me to still be dating my husband. 

                I have been married to my husband for 18 years and we have children in high school, middle school, and elementary school.  One day these sweet little saplings of our union will grow up, MOVE OUT, get married and have saplings of their own.  At that time, I do not want to wake up one sleepy Saturday morning, linger in the bed and ponder, “Just who is this ‘daddy’ man in the bed next to me?”  No, instead I want to have an intimate knowledge of the MAN who is my partner; I am bone-of-his-bone and flesh-of-his-flesh - one flesh.  He will know my strengths and my fragilities that have come to light after years of walking through the trials of life together.  He will know exactly how my brain works because we have spent hours upon hours chatting late at night in bed waiting for the slumber to arrive.  He will know all of the quirks of my personality because we have rolled on the floor in laughter together too many times to count.  He will have a spark in his eye when he looks at me that was created from the intimacy that only a husband and wife could share.   He will count me as his closest friend because of the quantity of time that I have invested dating my husband.

                I challenge you to date your husband - AGAIN!  At the beginning of every month, look at your calendar with your husband and pick your date nights.  Write them on the calendar (with permanent ink), phone the babysitter, and make a reservation at a favorite restaurant.  For date night ideas for every budget, visit www.thedatingdivas.com.

 “AND THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH; so they are no longer two, but one flesh.”  Mark 10:8 NAS

No comments: