Thursday, January 12, 2012

Prioritizing Your Child's Heart

Prioritizing Your Child's Heart
Biblical Priority #3 – Children
by Carri P.

I have a confession to make.  I have allowed other things to come before the Godly instruction of my children.  It’s easy to do, isn’t it? Sports, dance, school work, friends, Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, all very worthy pursuits!  All important!  But, are these more important than God?  Then again, there is a little Sunday School here, and a little Veggie Tales there, and I do throw in a prayer at dinner, so I’m good, right?

To be quite honest, God has recently revealed to me that this is just not enough.  He has convicted me deeply within my spirit that He wants so much more for them.  He wants to know them and have an intimate relationship with them as He does with every child of God.  He wants our children to live a Holy life.  They are, after all, HIS!

Our Heavenly Father has entrusted these three amazing creations into my care.  He has entrusted your beloved children to you.  He is watching those of us who call ourselves parents, aunts, or grandparents. He is looking to see how we are handling this responsibility.  You may be doing an unbelievable job at building a relationship between God and your children.  I am not.  I am definitely lacking in this area.  However there is the Great Hope!  The Holy Spirit lives in all of us who call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior!  When we ask the Holy Spirit, He will give Godly Wisdom.  He will give us Mighty Power.  He will give us Hope.  He will enable us to produce Godly children.

Therefore, as this new year of 2012 begins, I invite all who have the desire to build an everlasting relationship between your children and your God to take a vow to make it a priority to instruct our children as God desires us to.  “How can a young person stay pure? By obeying Your Word.  I have tried to find You – don’t let me wander from Your commands.  I have hidden Your Word in my heart, that I might not sin against You.” Psalm 119:9-11 NLT

Let us teach our children how to live a pure and holy life as God has called all of His children to live.  We can do this by modeling our desire to make God the Number One Priority.

This year I will be posting (on the Titus 2 facebook page) Daily Thoughts, Weekly Devotionals, Monthly Memory Verses, Occasional Teachable Moments and Holiday Instruction for our children for you to use and enjoy with your children.  I look forward to an exceptional 2012 of teaching our children together to love God and put Him first.
“Take delight in the Lord and He will give you your hearts desires.” Psalm 37:4 NLT

Happy New Year!

Challenge: Take a vow as this New Year begins to use this year to teach your children to make God their number one priority.  Check the Titus 2 facebook page for items you might want to use.  Post your comments and suggestions.

No comments: