Thursday, January 19, 2012

First Things First - Guest Blogger

We are excited to introduce to you Meredith M. our guest blogger this month.  Meredith is the Preschool Minister at North Richland Hills Baptist Church and is involved with Mom's Touch.
Priorities – That word is something that I personally have dealt with over the past 10 years and I know that I will continue too. I have been married to my husband, Mark for 10 years. We have been blessed with three precious children; Maggie, Mollie Grace, and Micah. I am the Minister to Preschool at North Richland Hills Baptist Church and have been for almost 8 years. WOW! I truly believe that as women we make a conscious effort everyday to layout how we are going to prioritize our lives.

The first thing is to always put God first. He gave us life, called us to this earth to be a woman committed to him. We were given life to serve him in all that we do. To be a woman of God and putting him first we have to commit to grow in him and through him and that can be done through prayer and spiritual growth in God’s word. 

For me the next area that I have to focus on is my husband and our marriage. We are to work as a team in our home listening to where God directs us and his overall plan for our lives. The Lord has then called me to be a mother of three precious children. These children are his; he just gave me the incredible joy of raising them. For my children I want them to see that I serve God in all that I do. I want them to also know they are loved and important in my eyes.

After my children comes my family and precious friends.  I have a handful of precious friends that are walking down this road with me, called life and motherhood. I truly count on them to be Godly examples in my life and they have always helped me in the decisions that need to be made. 

My calling on life as a Minister of the Church is next.  That is a huge undertaking, but God has a plan greater than anything that I am aware of. I have tried to raise my kids to be servants. My husband also knew when we married that this calling was on my life and that is where our family would go. So, it is a family commitment with God at the top and center of what we choose to do.

I know that I am not perfect, that there are days when life seems “crazy.” I don’t think I would be a “woman” if it wasn’t that way. But, I do know who loves me through my faults and still carries me in his hand and that is our great Lord. I strongly encourage you as you begin a new year to sit down and look at what God has given you. List out the incredible blessings in your life and then prioritize how they should be each and every day. It is a day at a time process. Who has God placed in your life for a “purpose?” For me I know that I need to always put God first and everything will fall into place. Start 2012 with your priorities in check ready to face what God has called you too this year.

Mom's Touch
Every other Monday at 9:30AM

Mom’s Touch wants you to be a part of a network that encourages, teaches and let’s you share the experiences of Motherhood! Come see what's in store for Mom’s all year! Mom’s Touch is a Ministry designed for Mothers with Preschoolers. You will find encouragement along with time to connect with fellow moms. We will be doing crafts, hearing speakers, and having discussion times with our tables and mentor moms. Mentor moms work with each table to lead and encourage their group of Preschool Moms.

We would love to have you join us for the Spring 2012 Semester of Mom's Touch. Our meetings begin on Monday, January 23rd and will meet every other Monday through April 30th. Sign-up ends Wednesday, January 11th.  Call 817.284.9206 for more information.



No comments: