Sunday, September 28, 2014

Book Club Lies Women Believe



Book Club – Lies Women Believe by Nancy Leigh DeMoss

“What we believe about God is foundational to our whole belief system. If we have wrong thinking about God, we will have wrong thinking about everything else. What we believe about God determines the way we live.” (47)



Ladies – This week read Chapter Two – Lies Women Believe About God

Highlights from this week's reading...
            Chapter Two Countering Lies About God with The Truth

Lie #1: God is not really good
Truth: God is good, and everything He does is good

Lie #2: God doesn’t love me
Truth: God’s love for me is infinite and unconditional

Lie #3: God is just like my father
Truth: God is infinitely more wise and loving than any earthly father could ever be.

Lie #4: God is not really enough
Truth: God is enough. If I have Him, I have all I need.

Lie #5: God’s ways are too restrictive
Truth: God’s restrictions are always for my good.

Lie #6: God should fix my problems
Truth: God wants to use my problems as part of His sanctifying process in my life.

The above is taken from page 59 of Lies Women Believe

Record your personal thoughts on pages 60-61 of your book.

No comments: