Monday, March 10, 2014

Genesis Bible Study


 Genesis Chapter 9

God's Covenant Symbolized by a Rainbow
by Amy Gentry


The rainbow is the seal of His promise.  The pledge of our Lord.  Is this the only ‘seal’ referred to in the scriptures?  There are many, but here are a few:

A covenant  with the earth: “And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come:  I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth.” Genesis 9:12-13

A covenant with the flesh: “I will establish my covenant as an everlasting covenant between me and you and your descendants after you for the generations to come, to be your God and the God of your descendants after you…. My covenant in your flesh is to be an everlasting covenant.” Genesis 17:7, 13

A covenant with the spirit: “In Him you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation – having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is given as a pledge of our inheritance, with a view to the redemption of God’s own possession, to the praise of His glory.” Ephesians 1:13-14:

Our LORD is a maker of covenants and a keeper of promises.

 

No comments: