Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Q & A

Q and A
By Amy Gentry

Q: Why do I feel like I am dry in my spiritual life?
A: I often get this same feeling.  It is usually after an extended period of doing the same ol’ thing.  The same ol’  daily bible readings, trying to meditate on the same ol’ email devotional, listening to the same ol’ praise songs - basically just going through the motions of what once had given me a feeling of spiritual fulfillment.
I am reminded of the story in John 2:1-11 of Jesus’ first miracle where we find Mary and Jesus at a wedding and the wine had run dry.  They had been at this wedding celebrating for a while, no doubt enjoying each other’s company and chillin’ out.  But in time - the party wound down.  Sounds a little like us? 
But Mary stepped out in boldness, she told the servants to do whatever Jesus told them to do.  SHE HAD AN EXPECTATION OF JESUS.

Have you lost your EXPECTATION?  Do you read the Word of the Lord EXPECTING to hear His voice?  Do you meditate on a devotional EXPECTING to be pruned?  Do you listen to praise music EXPECTING to worship?  Do you pray EXPECTING to be heard?

Have you stopped celebrating with Jesus?

No comments: