Sunday, May 27, 2012

Warning, Will Robinson!

Warning, Will Robinson!
By Amy Gentry
Do you remember being a small child sitting on the floor in front of your television (that did not have a remote control or a DVR by the way) and watching reruns of Lost in Space?  It was cool when Will Robinson was in jeopardy and his robot and best friend would call out to him, “WARNING, Will Robinson!”
When I wander away from seeking the Lord’s face every day, and I try to take the journey of life on my own, I fall into jeopardy too.  I know that I should be listening for the Holy Spirit, but unfortunately my busyness and distraction can muffle the voice of the Holy Spirit when He is calling out a warning to me.  I wish I had someone shouting out to me when I am in jeopardy or even tempted to explore a wrong path.  I need my sisters-in-Christ, my Jesus Girls to help me!!!
So watch your step, friends. Make sure there's no evil unbelief lying around that will trip you up and throw you off course, diverting you from the living God. For as long as it's still God's Today, keep each other on your toes so sin doesn't slow down your reflexes. If we can only keep our grip on the sure thing we started out with, we're in this with Christ for the long haul.” Hebrews 3:12-14 MSG (emphasis mine).  As sisters-in-Christ, we should be praying and seeking God’s direction for each other every day. 
Hebrews 3:13 in the NIV uses the wording “encourage one another dailyand in the NLT “warn each other every day. 
I have a friend who petitions the Lord on my behalf , encouraging me through God’s Word (when she is prompted by the Holy Spirit) and even warning me if I am walking outside of God’s Will (also when she is prompted by the Holy Spirit).  In this amazing way, she is offering her service to the Lord and I am ETERNALLY GRATEFUL. “A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken.” Ecclesiastes 4:12 NLT
 The bible instructs us to pray for one another, defend one another, bear one another’s burdens, strengthen one another, sharpen one another, and lovingly confront one another when it’s called for.

It is time for us Jesus Girls to get serious and real with each other.

CHALLENGE:  Are you serving the Lord in your friendships?   Be bold and courageous with those in your circle of influence.  When you are prompted by the Holy Spirit, daily encourage and warn them so they will stay on their toes and sin will not slow down their reflexes.

No comments: