Saturday, October 1, 2011

Lead Me

Lead Me
Biblical Priority #1 - God
by Kim H.

A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the spirit, from the spirit will reap eternal life. Galatians 6:7-8 NASB

It’s not easy to think before you react. Although, practicing a deep breath, a long pause or sincere prayer before reacting is greatly beneficial. I know this to be true; anger produces more anger…or strife, frustration, ect. This can be a horrible cycle that passes down generations. That cycle can be stopped now with God’s help.
I share the same type of personality with one of my children. We tend to get in many disagreements over various things. If I react in my flesh, I always regret it. When I submit to God’s spirit to lead me, things always work beautifully.

When my child would disobey or disrespect me; instead of my first reaction- which may be negative, I would say a simple prayer like this. ”Lord, convict them.” It would always amaze me shortly after that, my child would come to me with a repentant heart.

“Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.” Galatians 6:9 NIV


CHALLENGE: Pause and Pray before reacting. Step back and watch God step up.

No comments: