Monday, March 3, 2014

Genesis - In the Beginning



Genesis - In the Beginning
By Carri Pratt

Chapter 8 – The Flood Subsides

“Then God said to Noah, “Come out of the ark, you and your wife and your sons and their wives.” Genesis 8:15-16

The only thing that Noah seemed to have more of than faith was patience.

What an amazing testimony to see how patiently Noah waited for God to tell him when to exit the Ark.

When we look at the life of Noah we see a man who loved the Lord, was faithful to carry out all of His commands, and patiently waited on the Lord’s timing.

So I have to ask myself, how does my life compare? When I examine my own personal spiritual walk I know I love the Lord, I try to be faithful and obey His commands, yet fall short in my patience with His timing.

A few verses can help anyone struggling in one of these three areas:

“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.” Deuteronomy 6:5

“Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.” John 14:23

“Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.” 
Psalm 27:14

We will never be good enough to please God in our own flesh. We need the Holy Spirit to give us the power to overcome our sinful desires. Pray for the Holy Spirit to empower you and meditate on scripture.

“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you.”
Acts 1:8


This week read Genesis chapter 9 
God's Covenant with Noah @ Biblegateway.com

No comments: