Friday, December 30, 2011

The Gift

The Gift

Are you ready to receive the greatest gift of all?

If you:  believe in Jesus Christ, you believe he came from heaven to earth and took on human form to walk with us, and know everything we go through even death upon the cross.  You know you are a sinner and nothing can take away your sins except Jesus Christ.  You know you need to turn away from your sins and live your life on earth to glorify God.  Then you need to confess and pray to God.  It’s as simple as this prayer:
Dear God, I know I am a sinner.  I believe Jesus Christ died on the cross. He suffered and shed his blood to cleanse me from all my sins.  I believe he was raised to life on the third day and ascended into heaven and is at your right hand.  Please forgive me for my sins.  Come into my heart and live inside me, make me a new person, give me a clean heart, and transform my mind to do your will.  I want you to be the Lord of my life because I know my way isn’t working.  Thank you God that you love me so much you sent your one and only son to die for me so that I may live with your family in heaven for all eternity.  In Jesus’ name, Amen.

It’s that simple.  Once you have prayed this prayer now you need to go tell someone.  Say I just asked Jesus to be the Lord of my life!  If you are not a part of a church find a bible believing, bible teaching church and get baptized.  Even if you were as a child, we follow Jesus’ example and believe first then get baptized. 
Maybe you were baptized first and then believed.  Pray about getting your baptism on the right side of the cross.  I don’t believe it affects your eternal outcome but if you know you should be baptized after believing you will be held accountable for this one day. 

I am proud of you for accepting Jesus into your life.  You will be forever changed.  Please remember to pray and read your bible every day.  Join a church and be in fellowship with other believers.  For some of you this may mean making some radical changes in your life.  You are either for God or against God.  There is no middle of the road or gray area.  I pray that you will so shine from the Glory of God that others around you will ask you what happened.
“For God so loved the world he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.”  John 3:16

No comments: