Monday, December 12, 2011

From Fruitcake to Fruitful

From Fruitcake to Fruitful
Biblical Priority #1 God
by Kim H.

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: REJOICE!" Philippians 4:4

When we come to the full knowledge of God there are certain things we cannot deny: God is all-knowing, God is sovereign, God is smart. He is!!!

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5

I almost lost a close family relationship because, even though I had the best of intentions in mind, I was functioning totally in my own strength. I would constantly tell my loved one how to do this or that, how to change this or try that. One day this person stopped answering my calls and wouldn’t come to my house for holidays. I suddenly realized I had driven this person away by my “good intentions” to “help." If I trust God completely and His spirit is leading me, I should not fret. I should not take matters into my own hands and try to “fix” them. The ideas I had in my head and felt the need to share returned void because they were not led by the Holy Spirit. Relying on one's self is stressful and exhausting. "Come to me, all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me…..for my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30

God’s way is the fruitful way because he is all-knowing, sovereign and smart. He sees the big picture. "Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying, 'This is the way; walk in it." Isaiah 30:21

CHALLENGE: Trade your fruitcake for HIS fruit!

No comments: