Friday, January 27, 2017

Building Up Men


Building Up Men

The bible is clear that men and boys require respect. Studies show that a majority of men would choose respect over anything else, including love.

I have not always gotten this right. The more I acted out in fear and flesh, the more I pushed my husband and oldest son away from me. One day I decided that The Lord can certainly be trusted to be my defender (bible tells me so) and where has my faith been??
 Then I officially stepped back from trying to fix them both and stopped focusing on the negative.  

All along it was me that needed fixing. I was a puppet in the enemy's hands and he baited me with every evil thought. When I acted on those bad thoughts and especially when I spoke out what I saw was wrong, I was in agreement with the enemy of my soul, my son, my husband, and my marriage.

Respect begets LOVE. It worked for us. 
Try It, I Dare Ya!!

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
LOVE NEVER FAILS."
1 Corinthians 13:1-4

women encouraging women







No comments: