Friday, April 11, 2014

Walk With the Wise

Walk With the Wise
When it comes to going to battle for your marriage, whether you know it or not, others are involved besides your husband and yourself. In my 20 years of marriage, for instance, my sister, my sister-in-law, my parents, my best friend, the Titus 2 Women Amy and Carri, have all stood in the gap for us (on the front line of battle) fighting for my family. I tell you that is support. These people have prayed with me, cried with me, gave their support and affirmation, and believed at times when I really needed encouragement and motivation. I couldn’t imagine my life without all my courageous “Navy Seals”.
The opposite can be the case if you have negative or unbelieving friends and family. Their thoughts, bad “advice”, and such, if believed by you, could be the kiss of death for your union.
“Walk with the wise and become wise, for a companion of fools suffers harm.” Proverbs 13:20

No comments: